Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ramblings of a Homemaker

I'm sitting here alone (again), watching the brilliant lightning and having the thunder startle me out of my skin. I ponder my future. My life will be at an odd place in the fall. I will have 6 hours per day to myself. Yes, I will still need to manage my home and family but that won't take all that time and I will get very bored if I don't use my mind. You can only go for so many coffee's and lunches before it would fail to stimulate. Options are a weird thing. How exactly does one deal with them? I don't enjoy making life changing decisions. I don't want to waste time or money. That adds it's own pressure. You'd think by now I'd know what I'd want to be when I grew up! I do sort of, but I have a priority in my kids. Eight years of University is out of the question. I'd love to become an amature athlete, not much money in it though!
I have some options, I could go to the college and study human kinetics. I would like to take anatomy and physiology and chemistry. Biokinesionics is really fascinating too! I'm sure you can see my dilemma. Do I have what it takes to be a mom and full or even part time student? Why can't they have dance or gymnastics for mom's during the day while the kids are at school? I think for now I'll just watch the storm and leave the thinking for another day.

No comments: